Weekend in Adelaide

Sometimes the deities smile and the reasons we become academics converge and we have a great time as both scholars and lovers of life. This last weekend has been pretty good. I presented a research paper on Friday, curtesy of the Business School at University of Adelaide. The topic was my ongoing study on application of Complexity Theory to undrestanding consumer/market behaviour. There were many more people in attendance than I had anticipated. People went away saying that it was worthwhile and there were lots of questions that got me thinking more clearly about where next to take the project, so it was definitely worthwhile for me. On Saturday I ran a workshop on Best-Worst scaling and how to link that in with conjoint measurement. That went for an hour longer than expected and again everyone felt it was worthwhile. Amongst those two events I was able to catch three shows as a part of the Adelaide Fringe Festival, and take in three wineries in the Adelaide Hills, and then finally join a wine-botelling party rn by the Adelaide Uni Reds club. Overall an excellent weekend. There's a niggling feeling however that I didn't really cover some of the obscure aspects of Conjoint modelling, so perhaps I should visit again. We're thinking maybe I cold be available for a seminar the day before the "Wine Crush" festival in Spring. And there may be some issues rising in a research study into consumer preferences of wine that could bring me back. I'll see if I can make it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paragliding Rainbow Beach

Charles has arrived

Another excellent weekend at Cowley